New Physical Therapy Patients
Looking to be a new physical therapy patient at Change Sports Physical Therapy in Huntington Beach? Well this page is for you. Here is all the information you need to get your appointment, get registered and find us!
- To schedule an initial evaluation call us at
- We limit our scheduling in the clinic to allow a lot of personal time with the therapist.
- If you would rather reach us via email, you can email Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you regarding availability.
- The vist lengths are typically one hour long.
- Before you are seen for your evaluation you must register. We have a few easy ways for you to do this.
- Register online by going here: http://www.sportschange.com/registration/
- OR- When you call to schedule your appointment, you can give us your email, and we will email a pdf file of the registration packet. You can print it out and bring it in filled out.
- OR- You can do it the old fashioned way and come in a little early on your first visit and fill out paperwork here
- We are in-network with most PPO insurances. However, as of 2015 we are no longer in-network with CIGNA due to the changes they have made to their provider network. However you can still come to therapy here using your Out-of-Network Benefits.
Here is a list of PPO insurances we are IN-NETWORK with:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Health Net
We also take the followinf forms of insurance/payment:
- Worker's Compensation
- Lien (Taken on a case-by-case basis)
- Cash payment
- As a courtesy, we will call your insurance company to verify your physical therapy benefits. However, we recommend you call them yourself so you are aware of what your insurance plan provides. Here are the questions to ask:
- What is my deductible and how much have I met?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance for outpatient physical therapy?
- How many visits am I allowed? Can I receive more if needed?
- Do I need any pre-authorization?
- Do I need a physician referral?
Location[wpseo_address show_state="1" show_country="0" show_phone="1" show_phone_2="0" show_fax="1" show_email="1" show_logo="0"]
[wpseo_map width="600" height="300" zoom="16" map_style="hybrid" scrollable="1" draggable="1" show_route="1" show_state="0" show_email="1"]
We are located at the corner of Goldenwest and Edinger, across the street from Goldenwest College. We are in the same shopping center at Toys R Us, but we are located right on Edinger, with our windows looking at the college. We are next door to Copy4Less.
What do I need to bring to my first visit?
It is easy to get started at Change Sports PT. Here are some things to bring to your first visit.
- Your doctor's referral if you have one. This isn't completely necessary in most cases, but if you have it bring it.
- Insurance card
- Clothes which allow access to the area we are treating. -You might need to tell your teenage son to change out of those skinny jeans 🙂
- You can register online before you come, bring in your printed out registration packet, or fill one out when you get here.
What will we do on my first visit?
Your visit will last around one hour. After the initial checking in activities, you will be seen by one of our physical therapists. They will ask you some questions about your current condition and get an idea of what your goals are and what you hope to accomplish in physical therapy. You will likely begin with some form of treatment on your first visit. This may involve some hands on manual therapy, exercises, and other treatments. Our goal in this first visit is to understand you and what is going on with you. We also want to find out what is causing your pain, not just what your pain is. Then we want to establish a plan to get you out of your pain and back into the life you want.