Having a surgery performed on your body may be an excellent choice for your condition. Most patients also come out of surgery with a degree of fear and concern with the rehabilitation process they will have to go through after the surgery. Each type of surgery comes with its own challenges and hurdles to get past. At Change Sports Physical Therapy we strive to make this surgical rehabilitation process as painless and efficient as possible. Here are some things we value when it comes to post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Close communication with your surgeon: We want to make sure your surgeon knows what is going on in therapy, and we want to have them let us know if there are any issues to focus on in your recovery.
- Safe recovery at appropriate rate of return: We want to make sure your rehabilitation is performed in a safe manner. Monitoring your return to activity and limiting which activity is done are vital components to a successful rehabilitation process after surgery.
- Education on goals: We want to know what your goals are for your recovery. We also want all of us to know what steps need to be done in order to get you to that end goal. Having this understanding of why we are doing a particular task helps give motivation and focus to the recovery process.
- Fun and positive environment: You already have enough going on in your life with the disruption surgery causes, and we don’t want to add any negativity to it. We strive to make your time spent with us fun and uplifting, as you see progress towards your goals every week.
Over the years we have worked with patients recovering from several types of surgeries. Here is a list of some of the ones we have experience with:
(If you have any special precautions for your surgery, be sure to let us know when you begin your treatment)
- ACL Reconstruction
- Meniscal Tear (Menisectomy and Repair)
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sub-Acromial Decompression
- Labral Repair
- ORIF (Fracture Repair)
- Cervical Fusion
- Lumbar Fusion
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Patellar Tendon Repair
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery)
- Foot Surgery